Cottage Doors....

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

 I have blogged about my front door color on more than one occasion, so I apologize.  

With that said one of my favorite things about old homes is a bright colored front door.  Whether it is an old cottage with a red door, a beach house with a coastal blue or a stone cape code with a yellow entry.  

When we moved in our house was yellow with hunter green shutters and front door.  I knew I wanted a pop and friends at work agreed a peachy coral would work.  It turned out a tad orange according to people that pass by, but I don't care.  I like it and it looks way better!


Via: Instagram @smalltownstripes

Other front doors I am loving:

Front Door Inspiration + Benjamin Moore's Grand Entrance Paint


Colorful Front Doors | Bright Bold and Beautiful


A bold red front door creates a cute cottage-style entry. Tour the rest of this home: http://www.bhg.com/decorating/decorating-style/cottage/cottage-for-entertaining/?socsrc=bhgpin040413reddoor=2



Go bold or go home: unique color options for your front door. (Door in photo is Aqua_Tint_SW6939)


Send me your front door!

2 comments:

  1. Colorful front doors are really trendy these days. I guess, many people are getting adventurous with colors. It’s pretty normal to feel uncertain about it at first because you’re not used to seeing such shades being used in a front door. But you have to remember that it’s also good to take a risk sometimes. You might feel indefinite about your color choices, but you’ll love it later on.
    William Gulliver @ Up and Above Contractors

    ReplyDelete

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs